The Bible Seminary (TBS) is an independent, non-denominational, 501(c)(3) charitable institution of higher education incorporated in Texas in 2010 to offer training for laity and vocational ministry professionals. On-campus and Distance Education programs include Bible Certificate and Vocational Ministry Certificate non-degree programs, as well as Dual Degree Completion, Master of Arts, and Master of Divinity degree programs.
The seminary is an Accredited member of the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS), an Affiliate of the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE), an approved CEU provider for the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), and an accredited member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
TBS aims to help nurture a biblically literate populace via comprehensive, strategic, Bible-based training. Faculty seek to integrate studies of the Bible with instruction in historical, theological, and practical disciplines critical to developing professional skills for life and ministry. Experiential education occurs through classroom instruction, study tours, hands-on ministry training, and community-based training with ministry professionals.
Leadership includes Dr. K. Lynn Lewis, President; Dr. Scott Stripling, Provost; Dr. Doug Petrovich, Dean of the Graduate Programs and full-time Professor; numerous adjunct faculty, ministry professionals, and mentors who serve as part of the teaching team; and a Board of Trustees.
Jan 2008 – Organized as a Bible Institute
Feb 2010 – Registered as an independent Domestic Non-Profit Corporation with the Texas Secretary of State, TX SOS #0801230198, TX Taxpayer #32041214118.
Aug 2010 – Approved as an IRS 501(c)(3) charitable organization, Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) #27-2190032.
Mar 2011 – Approved by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC)
May 2011 – Approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (TXHECB)
Apr 2012 – Approved as Affiliate with the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE)
Oct 2015 – Approved CEU provider by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Jul 2017 – Approved by the Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)
Sep 2019 – Approved as an accredited member of ECFA
Oct 2020 – Approved for Accredited Status by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS)
Apr 2021 – Approved by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) to offer Distance Education
1. Distinctively clear doctrinal and ethos statements.
2. Seven core values – the Lordship of Christ, the Bible as the fully true Word of God, Prayer, Unreached Peoples, the Local Church, Community, and Compassion.
3. Comprehensive, strategic training in all 66 books of the Bible integrated into instruction in the standard historical, theological, and practical disciplines critical to developing professional skills for 21st century ministry.
4. Experiential education that directly engages graduate students in mentored local church or para-church ministry throughout their degree programs, and provides cutting-edge ministry resource tools, community-based experiences that include on-site visits with regional ministry professionals, and study tour opportunities such as a trip to the Holy Land.
5. Commitment to graduating alumni with NO ($0) seminary debt.